Many students put in a lot of effort in their studies, but sometimes they do not get their desired grades. Results are sometimes not directly proportional to efforts.
I believe that when pursuing academic excellence, implementing an effective strategy is of paramount importance. It is also my belief that the key to discipline is not an iron will, but rather a crystal clear of understanding why we want to achieve something.
Physics, chemistry and mathematics are subjects that have heavy emphases on concepts and theories. Students often complain that these subjects are difficult and that there are many facts and formulae they need to memorise. However, a strong understanding of the fundamentals often allows one to easily master the topics because the more sophisticated principles arise from the fundamentals and can thus be derived.
As a tutor, I do my best to invoke the students’ interest in the subject so that they are eager to learn new knowledge as I get a sense of accomplishment when students reach their full potential in their academics, and also when they grow as individuals.
- 3 Years of tutoring experience
- Ex English Language teacher at Chong Hwa Independent High School Kuala Lumpur
- Peer tutor at the Methodist College Kuala Lumpur Psychology & Learning Centre
- 8A+’s and 2A’s in SPM, Chong Hwa Independent High School Kuala Lumpur
- Top Scholar in AUSMAT, Methodist College Kuala Lumpur
- (Subject Prize Winner for Chemistry, Mathematics CD, Physics)
- CGPA 3.875, Chemical Engineering, Monash University Malaysia