“Economics is a social science that seeks to explain human behavior, where one’s decisions can subconsciously affect the decisions of another.”
The theories that you learn in Mr. Edison’s class can play an essential role in your career if applied correctly, improving your decision-making in the future.
A brief insight into the world of economics.
A good example would be the theory of Price Elasticity Demand (PED). PED explains why fast food companies tend to reduce the portions of their food to save costs instead of increasing the prices, this is because they know their product is ‘price elastic’. If they were to increase the price of their food, consumers may prefer the lower prices of other fast food companies.
The power of understanding
Memorizing is short-term, understanding is long-term. Mr. Edison emphasizes on understanding rather than memorizing as he believes economics is a storybook written by researchers that reflects the reality.
Do you ever memorize a storybook? – NO.
Yet, you still able to tell the entire story to your child.
Teaching characteristic & Special note
- Cheat sheet allows students to recall and link the details in the chapter in a glance
- Powerful Mindmap that shows the connection of every theory in the chapter
- The “Whatapps support” that help to solve student’s curiosity and problem.
- Understand the personality of the student and tailor a teaching method for him/her.
- Bachelor of Economics (Hons) in Financial Economics
Teaching experience & Education Skills
- 3 – 4 years of teaching experience
- Unique techniques in answering exam questions
- Prioritises interaction with students
- Allocates extra time for QnA sessions