ACADEMIC DIRECTOR | AD
A professional English teacher with global teaching experience.
Ms Jie Lin, a dedicated, resourceful, and goal-driven English teacher, believes that language is the key to effective communication, and a vital part of human connection. She loves teaching the English language and focuses her lessons on the social and academic development of all her students.
Teaching is most effective when students are motivated by the desire to learn. As an English teacher, Ms Jie Lin strives to provide her students with a safe and relaxed space to freely express themselves, accept themselves for who they are, and also embracing the differences of others around them. In her lessons, she keeps her students actively thinking and encourages them to share their ideas and thoughts on different topics either verbally or through writing. Language is a powerful and essential tool in one’s life and only by having true immersion, will one truly grasp the different meanings and underlying connotations of the English language.
Along with her proven track record in creating interactive lessons and transforming students’ lives, Ms Jie Lin continues to guide her students towards achieving outstanding results with her innovative student-centred teaching methodology, which cultivates students’ critical thinking and cognitive flexibility.
Qualification & Teaching Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree from Oxford Brookes University
- Certified English Teacher from Cambridge University
- Professionally trained – International House London
- More than 8 years of teaching children and adults
- Conducted physical lessons in Malaysia & London, UK
- Well-versed in online and offline teaching for group & one-to-one lessons
- Asia Students: Malaysia, Singapore, Taiwan, China, HK, Macau, Taiwan
- European Students: France, Italy, UK, Hungary, Czechia, Luxembourg
Areas of Expertise
- School Learners
- International School Students – Cambridge IGCSE English
- Local School Students – PMR & SPM English
- Independent Chinese Secondary School Students – UEC English
- Teenage Learners
- College Students – Cambridge IELTS English
- University Students – Assignment & Thesis Support
- University Graduates – Resume & Interview Preparation
- Adult Learners
- General Adults – Conversational English (Sociolinguistic)
- Working Professionals – Business Email & Presentation Skills
Cambridge Exam Expert
- Cambridge Primary Checkpoint – English
- Cambridge Lower Secondary Checkpoint – English
- Cambridge IGCSE – First Language English (FLE)
- Cambridge IGCSE – English as a Second Language (ESL)
- Cambridge IELTS – Listening, Reading, Writing, Speaking